Are you a list person? I am.
Here is a to do list for vegetable gardening. The planting list is for zone 8b.
To Do List:
- Clean out old plants. If plants were diseased, remove all fallen leaves, so they don’t get turned into soil and spread disease.
- Rejuvinate your soil and ready beds for planting.
- Check irrigation.
- Start seeds for plants that will be transplanted into garden.
- Direct sow seeds in garden.
- An ongoing job is to keep pests at bay.
- Another on going job is keeping weeds down.
Veggies that can be planted. In my post Veggies to plant in July and August I listed veggies to plant. Upon further review realized I had left off the winter veggies. So here is the previous list along with the additional veggies.
- beans, bush and pole
- lima beans
- southern peas
- summer squash
- winter squash
I hope this helps you out.