Farmers Market Update

I would like to make it very clear that the “great” idea of starting a farmers market was all mine.  The Navarre Garden Club had nothing to do with it and it seems I misunderstood the NGC president Sharon.  I am a new member to the NGC, and at a point in my life where I would like to become active in the community.  But I now see I am pretty clueless to how this works.  It seems in my desire for fresh produce, I have stirred a pot I did not know existed.  As of this time my “great” idea is being laid to rest.

This entry was posted in Farmers Market and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Farmers Market Update

1. meemsnyc says:

Sorry to hear that! That’s a bummer that they don’t want to bring a farmer’s market to the area. What a shame.

2. Alice Joyce says:

Hi Charlotte
    We have a local garden exchange throughout the various towns in my county. It’s a wonderful way of building community and sharing fresh produce, eggs, herbs, and all the bounty of our gardens including blooms!
    Here’s a link to a post from my California blog in case you’d like to look into that idea versus a Farmers Market.
    Good luck!
    P.S.
    I’m following you on Blotanical.

3. meemsnyc says:

Hi Charlotte,

Sorry it’s taken me so long to post this. Here is the sweet dill pickle recipe.

4. Patricia Harkness says:

Charlotte,

That is a real shame. We just bought a farm and are going to breed and raise alpacas and grow veggies, flowers, etc to sale at the Farmers Market, I think your area is making a big mistake in not supporting the local growers. Especially now with the organic movement in this country. So sorry to hear of your plight.

5. Wendy says:

Charlotte – I don’t know what’s going on, but I’m sorry that the idea has been laid to rest.

It is definitely a great idea (without the quotes around it!!!).

6. Deborah Branning says:

Charlotte, I have yet to meet anyone that doesn’t love Farmer’s Markets. I will put a link to Palafox Market Guidelines, http://www.palafoxmarket.com/vendors/PALAFOX-MARKET-HANDBOOK-2010-R.pdf
    There is a lot involved with county, state guidelines and a successful market needs at least a part time paid Market Manager. Saturday will be our last Palafox market…that means our market manager has been there every Saturday since the first weekend in May. It is a rain or shine market. Come on down we would love to meet you.
    Oh yeah, I signed on to your blog to share this! http://www.paulahayes.com/terrariums/gallery.php?g=2&i=0. An answer to deers?

7. Charlotte says:

Thanks for the links. I wish I could come down to see you guys on Sat. But I’m booked. I’ve got the NGC from 8-9:30 at the high school, then off to take a web site design class from from 10-3.