What is This Called?

I was wondering if anyone could help me identify this plant. I would love to know what it’s called.  Please help if you can.

Unknown flower bloom

Unknown flower from afar

This entry was posted in flowers and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to What is This Called?

1. tina says:

Hearts a bursting (Euonymous americanus) maybe?

• Charlotte says:

Thanks for trying to help me. I’m sorry it took so long to approve your message. I didn’t receive an email and didn’t realize I had a message pending approval. 🙁 From what I could tell looking up the Euonymous Americanus I don’t think that is what I have, but that plant would be a good one to get, as it appears it would do well in my climate.

2. Hey Char, I don’t know if you heard from anyone else, but this looks a lot like a plant we have sold at the flower shop. It is called Clerodendron. If you Google Images, it is there, hopefully you feel it is a match as well.

3. Charlotte says:

Thank you very much for letting me know. I looked up the Clerodendron and yes I believe it is a match. I’ve had this plant for a long time, it made the move with me but never bloomed at my new house until I put it in this pot. 🙂

4. Wendy says:

oh, I can’t remember, but I think the common name is dragon spitting pearl or somethng like that (it looks just like it!). Whatever it is, it’s a beauty!

5. FlowerLady says:

I also live in FL and have always called this the FL bleeding heart, but that is not the botanical name. Deborah is right, it is Clerodendron thomsoniae. I love it and have had it for years.

FlowerLady

6. Patricia Harkness says:

Bleeding heart; a beautiful climbing vine that will thrive in partial shade.