I have spent the last few days making a list of what to do to start my 4 season garden. If anyone out there has any suggestions I am open for any help I can get.
1. Get planting schedule for area. If you live in Northwest Florida here is a great website to get these dates.
2. Figure out where garden will go. When I first moved into this home there was grass covering the entire 1/2 acre lot, except the 5 bushes planted by the front entrance. At the time I had no plan for where beds, ponds, or garden, ect. would go. So I made a bed along the far edge of the East side and planted my garden. I was sure of one thing, and that is I did not want to put in a garden, which will consist of raised beds, and then have to move it.
3. Decide what plants I want to plant for the second summer planting and then for the fall planting.
4. Re-read “Square Foot Gardening”. This is the method of gardening I will be using.
5. Get garden beds ready for planting. Since time is of essence to start my late summer garden, I am planning on starting with just a few beds and then add more over time.
6. Start seeds that can be started indoors.